Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Follow up to the UWC

The common cliche of opportunities "as one door closes another opens" does little to assuage the sorrow.

On April 29th I had an interview with the five UWC officials. We discussed my views on food politics, rules, government. Their questions tested what I believe, and why I believe what I do. Their questions were geared completely to my interests as outlined in my written application. During the ferry ride back from Victoria I hung-out with and talked with two other interviewees. They were lovely people seemed perfect for the UWC. We all wished each other good-luck. About two weeks later I received a letter that I did not make the final 25. I hope that the girls I met were included in the final 25.

Nevertheless, I am determined to make my final year of high-school interesting and engaging . If all goes according to plan, I shall take a couple of courses at Cap. U. (the local University) and some fascinating classes at Seycove, like Calculus (then I will be able to understand the complex jokes).