Friday, December 2, 2011

Δ Plans

From Barcelona, we were supposed to rent a car and drive to Andalusia.  Our plans were that we would spend the last several weeks of our trip exploring sunny southern Spain and then fly home out of Madrid.  However, as plans are wont to do when traveling, we are now heading the opposite direction.  Instead of staying in Spain and going south, we are returning to Sauzet.  We loved hanging out with Isabelle, Julien, Charlie and the menagerie so much we wanted to return.  Also, another week of living in one place will give us all a much-needed chance to catch up on our work. 

It was sad, three days ago we booked our flights out of the EU.  My father and brother will fly home on December 10th and my mother and I will fly to Israel.  My personal plans have finally solidified too: I will spend the rest of December and probably most of January in Israel visiting with my extended family and volunteering on a kibbutz.  Or something.  I am super excited for the next stage, but also heartbroken to be leaving Europe so imminently. 

No comments: