Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It’s a Small World

My Aunt and I at the Market in Tel Aviv
My travels seem to be bursting with amazing encounters.  This week’s amazing event was that my aunt and uncle from California came to Israel for a holiday.  Uncle John John (my father’s brother) and Susan planned their trip to Israel before I knew that I would be here too.  When we discovered that we would be in Israel at the same time, we arranged that we would travel together.  We don’t see each other so frequently in North America, so, naturally, we would be able to meet and spend a week together across the world from our homes. 

I met them at the airport and then I stuck to their side like glue for their entire week here.  We had a very full itinerary planned, actually they planned; I was content to sit in the backseat and doze.  Our travels took us from Tel Aviv, to Kibbutz Barkai for a family birthday party, to Jerusalem, and to the most southern point of Israel.  

No comments: