Saturday, January 21, 2012

Photographs

It has come to my attention that there may be some confusion as to where I am getting the photos for my blog.  Unless otherwise stated, they are all my photographs.  When I have taken images off the web, like for the post about the Vatican, then I include a “sources” list at the bottom of the post.  I even try to give acknowledgment if I have taken the photos from my father or brother! 

I have also started to turn off the automatic setting on my camera so that I will learn how to take better photos.  I am trying to play with the exposure, the ISO, and everything else that I can manipulate.  This creates some dilemmas, like which setting should I be changing and when?  Normally I would ask my father, but he is in Vancouver and I am in Israel… so it is difficult to ask for specific advice as I am taking each photo.  As well, I have been focusing on the composition of each photograph, trying to make each one balanced and interesting.  Sometimes these endeavours work and sometimes they don’t, as you can probably tell. 

No comments: