Friday, November 11, 2011

To My International Readers

There is a statistics section on my blog that records how many people view my blog, what posts they read, what search engine they use, and what country they are from.  I can change the settings to view the statistics from today, this week, this month, or all time.  My favorite is seeing in which countries my readers live.  Obviously the most are from Canada, but Russia, Croatia, and the States also make up a surprisingly large percentage of readers.  I have become quite obsessive about checking the stats and seeing which countries are represented.  I love it when countries like the Netherlands, Iran, and Brazil appear.  I just wanted to say thank you to all my international readers, whether you are actually reading my blog, or just stumbling across the website accidentally.  Wherever you are, I would love some comments about who you are and how you came across my website. 

2 comments:

Ana Prohaska said...

Hi Gavia, some of those Croatian visits to your blog are mine. I’m ex PhD student of your dad who kindly sent the blog’s link to his lab members so we can follow out your travels. I have been doing so regularly, especially since your dad said you will be visiting Croatia on your way from Greece to Italy and I was very much looking forward to read about your experiences there! Too bad you decided to skip it this time around and hope you will have a chance to visit one day. I have to say it has been fascinating to re-discover Europe through Canadian eyes. Keep up the good work! Very best, Ana

Gavia said...

I am sorry we didn't get to Croatia too. By all accounts it is supposed to be an amazing country. Next time, definitely.

I am glad you are enjoying my writing, it has been very fun. Often I don't know what I think until I have written it down, so writing has become a way of figuring out my thoughts.

Gavia